Friday, January 17, 2014

Fashion Friday: My Top Five Best Dressed at the Golden Globes

Happy Friday!

Welcome to my first "Fashion Friday" where every Friday I will be posting fashion related entries and on Monday's I will be posting "Makeup Monday's" where I'll write about makeup and do tutorials.

For my first Fashion Friday, I decided to choose my Top 5 favorite dresses and looks that were at the Golden Globes. I also decided to go onto my Polyvore and put together an outfit that I would wear to the Golden Globes, if only I were so lucky..

So to kick it off my Top 5 is:

Emma Watson in Christian Dior Haute Couture

 
 
When I first saw Emma walk out onto the red carpet I thought it was kind of boring and not like a typical Emma Watson look, since she usually takes fashion risks. But when she turned around and revealed she was wearing pants underneath her dress I DIED!
 


I always appreciate Emma and her style because she understands fashion and she takes risks, and this was a risk that paid off and landed her on all of the best dressed lists!

My Top 4:

Allison Williams in Alexander McQueen


Black and white was a major trend on the red carpet and I thought Allison Williams looked chic and beautiful which made her stand out from the rest. Alexander McQueen is one of my favorite designers but sometimes it is very difficult to wear because it is so avant garde, but Allison pulled it off beautifully. She is definitely one to watch in the fashion world!

My Top 3:

Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior Haute Couture


This dress is either a hit or miss. Many people who I know hated this dress comparing it to Ariel wearing the sail when she met Prince Eric in the Little Mermaid.

 
 
But when I saw this dress on the red carpet, I liked it! It's different and memorable. Also Rachel Zoe was Jennifer's stylist and to me, Rachel does no wrong! Rachel Zoe is the reason why I want to be a celebrity stylist and I know that when she puts an outfit together it ends up on the best dressed list! Overall, I really like this dress and if anyone could pull it off, it's Jennifer Lawrence.
 
 
My Top 2:
 
 
Olivia Wilde in Gucci Premiere
 
 

Olivia Wilde literally pulls off pregnancy better than any human being in the entire world! She looks absolutely stunning in this Gucci dress and when I saw her on the red carpet, my mouth dropped to the floor. The color is gorgeous, her hair is gorgeous, everything about her is GORGEOUS!!! Well done Wilde.

And My Top 1:

Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren Collection


I always love seeing new fashionista's come out of nowhere and steel the thunder on the red carpet! Lupita, from 12 Years a Slave, blew everyone away in this dress! The color, her makeup.. everything is just PERFECTION! And because of this look, I cannot wait to see what Lupita wears to and Screen Actors Guild Awards this Sunday, and of course the biggest award show of them all, The Academy Awards.

So like I said earlier, I put together an outfit that I would wear if I were blessed to go to the Golden Globes... and this is it:

 
 
Dress: Elie Saab Haute Couture
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik
Clutch: Alexander McQueen
Jewelry: Art Deco Navette Diamond Ring
Lipstick: Nars Orgasm
Nail Polish: Essie Encrusted Holiday 2013
Perfume: Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
 
 
You can find more of my outfits on my Polyvore,


I hope you enjoyed my first Fashion Friday, and come back on Monday for my first Makeup Monday where I do a makeup tutorial based on one of the characters from Disney's Frozen!

~Nicolina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment