Friday, January 24, 2014

Fashion Friday: Top 10 Looks from Spring 2014 Haute Couture Collections

Happy Fashion Friday!

So this week was Spring Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris, a week when the best of the best of fashion present the most magnificent outfits and gowns that only the elite are able to wear. Most of these outfits and gowns are one of a kind making them priceless and memorable.

There are only a handful of designers that are considered to be "Haute Couture" which means high sewing, some being Chanel, Christian Dior and Givenchy. To become a couture designer, you have to be a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture and your pieces need to meet certain standards.

I went through all the collections from this past week and I decided to pick my Top 10 outfits and gowns, but I'm only choosing from designers that are members of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture or who are correspondent members.

Top 10:

Atelier Versace

 
 
This suit is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tailoring and the hood just adds a chic touch to this beautifully made suit. Donatella Versace said that her inspiration for this collection was a strong and powerful woman, like Grace Jones, and this entire collection definitely embodies that look.
 
 
Top 9:
 
Giambattista Valli
 


This collection was fun and youthful with its extremely high hemlines and bright pops of color. This dress was my favorite it because its different, yet stunningly beautiful and I could see Blake Lively wearing on the red carpet.


Top 8 and 7:

Valentino

 
I LOVE Valentino because when I think of the brand, I think of romantic gowns and stunning embroidery, and that's exactly what was presented in this collection. Valentino's inspiration was the opera, having the opening piece be a gown designed with the score of one of the opera's that inspired the collection on it. I though that these two gowns embodied the romantic essence that I love from Valentino.
 
 
Top 6:
 
Armani Privé
 
 
This gown by Armani Privé literally made my mouth drop to the floor. Usually Armani is very striking with his collections, using intense fabrics and colors to leave a memorable impression, but this dress was just the opposite. Its color, fabric and detailing took my breath away making it one of the most memorable dresses in my eyes. I pray that someone wears this to the Academy Awards and if not... I might cry.
 
 
Top 5, 4 and 3:
 
Elie Saab





What can I say? Elie Saab is literally a fashion God! His collections are the ones I look forward to seeing the most during fashion week, and he never disappoints. His dresses are always red carpet ready and always make the best dressed lists because of their classic silhouettes and glamour. He used some beautiful colors in this collection, including soft blush rose and different shades of purple. If no one wears any of his pieces to the Academy Awards (which I highly doubt no one will) I will also cry...


Top 2 and 1:

Chanel

 
 
 
As you will probably come to find out the more I blog about fashion, Chanel is my all time favorite designer. I have studied Chanel for a few years now, both in college and on my own, and I just cannot comprehend the genius that is Karl Lagerfeld. With this, in my eyes, being one of his best shows yet it makes me desperate to see what this man comes up with next. Now I know Chanel isn't for everyone, but to me there's just something so mysterious about Chanel and I love how Lagerfeld takes pieces from Coco Chanel's older collections and revamps them into show-stopping outfits and gowns like these two dresses. I don't think I will ever stop loving Chanel and hopefully someday I will be able to see one of Chanel's show in person.
 
 
 

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Fashion Friday! Make sure to follow this blog, my Tumblr, Polyvore and Instagram!

Have a great weekend!

~Nicolina xx
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love your background and omg, CARA!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete