Monday, January 27, 2014

Makeup Monday: My Real Techniques Collection

Happy Makeup Monday!

Now, if you are like me and are obsessed with makeup, you will understand the frustration that is finding the perfect makeup brushes at a reasonable price and good quality. Well, thanks to the fabulous Tanya Burr and her soon to be sister in law, Samantha Chapman, I have found my perfect brush(es) match!

 
I found these brushes at Walgreens (in the States) and could not believe the prices! They were so reasonable and the quality was amazing! I am in love with my Real Techniques brush collection so much that I refuse to buy any other types of brushes!
 
 
So for Makeup Monday, I've decided to share my Real Techniques brush collection and tell you about how I use them. Sorry they are a little dirty because I use them on a day to day basis so its hard to keep them in mint condition..
 
 
So lets start with all of my face brushes:
 
 
Expert Face Brush: $8.95 at Walgreens
 
This was the first brush I bought and it is one of my favorite ones because it is quite dense and blends well. I used this mainly for primer, because I have such red skin, it helps to blend the primer beautifully into my skin without any streaks. You can also use this for foundation.
 
 
 
 
Powder Brush: $8.83 at Walgreens
 
This is a brush that I used everyday and it's one of my must haves because its sets powder without it looking too powdery.
 
 
 
 
 
Blush Brush: $8.99 at Walgreens
 
This is another brush I use everyday and it sets the blush without it looking too harsh because of its light bristles.
 
 
 
 
 
Core Collection: $15.18 at Walgreens
 
The Core Collection comes with the Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer Brush and the Buffing Brush.
 
 
 
The Contour Brush is just like its called and is used to contour. I like this brush, but it is not one that I use everyday because I don't contour my skin, but when I do it works really well.
 
 
 
 
The Pointed Foundation Brush is normally used for liquid foundation, again I don't use this brush too often since I use other brushes for foundation, but again I do really like this brush.
 
 
 
 
The Detailer Brush is great for little spots that you need to cover up with concealer.
 
 
 
 
The Buffing Brush is my #1 brush of them all. I use this brush for my foundation because it blends and buffs it into my skin to make it look natural and flawless, which is something I need!
 
 
 
 
Now on to my eye brushes:


Shading Brush: $5.99 at Walgreens

This is a great brush if you want to go for a great smokey eye. I find, because of its dense bristles, it makes the eye pop more and with it you can create some beautiful looks.


 

Starter Set: $15.49 at Walgreens

The Starter Set comes with the Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Accent Brush, Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush and the Brow Brush.



The Deluxe Crease Brush is another one of my favorite and most used brushes. You can use it to blend eye shadow into your crease, but I use it for under my eyes for my concealer. I find that it is light enough to not pull on my skin but blends and wakes up my skin flawlessly.




The Base Shadow Brush is another brush I cannot live without. I used this everyday all over my lid and its fluffy enough that it makes blending colors easy and effortless.


 

The Accent Brush is what I use for my brow bone and under my eye if I put shadow there.


 

The Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush is perfect for gel eyeliner. It's extremely dense so it doesn't smudge eyeliner all over your eye.




The Brow Brush is great for filling in your eyebrow with eye shadow.

 



Overall, these brushes are incredible! I have nothing bad to say about them and everyone who I've talk to just obsesses over them. I haven't completed my collection yet, but I will someday!

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Makeup Monday! Leave a comment below to let me know if you want to see a tutorial or another "collection" of mine. Also, please go and follow this blog, my Polyvore, Tumblr and Instagram.

Have a great week and come back on Friday for a new Fashion Friday!

~Nicolina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment